KİPA PRESS RELEASE ( ENGLISH)
Following the release of Tesco PLC 2014/15 Group Interim results, Tesco Kipa CEO Jeff Adams said that, Kipa, Tesco’s business in Turkey, continued to improve the shopping experience for customers, which is reflected in strengthening performance in H1.
Kipa has shown positive LfL in sales in the first half of the year. Innovations for customers continued, on Fresh, clothing and online, with Kipa dot.com and Kipa Direkt. Kipa also piloted improvements in bakeries and cafes; introduced “Our Butchers” and offered customers strong plans in key trade dates, such as Ramadan and School Break.
Kipa CEO Jeff Adams said, “We have had an encouraging first half of the year, despite challenging conditions in the market, including high fuel and inflation driven by higher commodity prices. Our customer riented plans, such as improving our Fresh section, have positively reflected in our performance. Our work has resulted in a strong level of customer satisfaction particularly in the Aegean. We have also developed even further our community projects in reaching out to young people and children. I would like to thank all colleagues for their work and our customers for the trust and loyalty they have in Kipa.”
- We continue to improve our general Merchandise ranges with the introduction of new Home section and Baby World to our stores.
- We have also introduced self-assisted check-out units in 14 stores.
- We are continuing to grow our sales of F&F, which has had consistent growth for the last four years. We successfully introduced F&F in small formats and in footwear departments in hypermarkets.
- We have introduced new local/regional brands in food, particularly around dairy. We continue to focus on the local customer and remained strong on the traditional Turkish products in Ramadan.
-Kipa Bakeries have become a distinguishing factor for customers, recording strong sales on feast days, such as Ramazan and Kurban feasts.
- We have introduced around 100 new own brand products to our customers, in food and non-food categories.
Kipa and Society
- Our 12 Family Clubs, located in our malls to provide conferences, events and training to the local community, reached 83,000 members. They offer sports classes and educational courses such as English, skills and self-awareness trainings.
- We have reached our eight years of collaboration with the Turkish Red Crescent (Kızılay). We have cooperated on food donations on key dates such as Ramadan, as well as the work of our Blood Donation Bus, which we donated to the organization last year to help fight blood shortage in the Aegean region.
- We have finished the piloting of our “Eat Happy/Well Being Program” with Educational Volunteers Foundation of Turkey (TEGV) which aims to help children develop healthy life skills and active life. The next stage is to roll this out to public schools and mobile units all around Turkey and reach 70,000 children by the end of the year.
- We reached 280,683 young people and children across 12 projects which aim to create opportunities for youngsters.
Notes to Editors
- For further information, please see our website www.kipa.com.tr/Kurumsal
- Access the Tesco PLC Group Press Release at